Monday, April 9, 2012

(6/30) love letter of sorts...

On my flight to Indianapolis
I arrived at the gate
grabbed my briefcase navigated my way to see you.
Imagine my face,
shocked as your peers kept passing me by
taunting me as if to say
we are exactly as we should be..and you were not
I waited 15 minutes,
until the conveyor belt stopped moving...
and the reality hit me that you were not coming
at that moment I got so worried about you
I imagined you all alone on the Tarmac
shivering
wheels locked in fright
unable to roll to me
with a flare in your right hand.
Desperately asking to be collected,
at that moment,
as is human nature in moments of tragedy like this
I started thinking about the worse case scenarios
what if you were bag-napped
and now on your way to china
to be sold into the international bag trade...

I imagine a shop owner in Beijing...
running his hands against you
trying to decide what pile to throw you in,
I can see the mans face that will find you
digging thru the rubble of our broken love..
and pulling you out like he just won the bag Olympics...

he will not love you like I do...

I start thinking about all the good times we had...
remember that trip we took to Vegas??...
we were in Planet Hollywood at Earl of sandwich...
That was the day I nicknamed you bag-ette...
(tear)
I wonder if you will send me postcards
of all the place you and your new man will go...
will he treat you as good as I,
will he tie ribbons on you
letting everyone else know that you are unique
that we belong together
will he let you lay across the sheets as he unpacks you,
like I do,
or will he think you are too dirty for the good linen.
And put you in a corner to sit until he needs u again
I imagine me tracking him down and busting in
just in time to push him over
and shout from the sharpest edge of my voicebox...
nobody puts baby in the corner!!

I can't believe this is happening


I gathered myself
walked up to customer service
said that I could not find you...
she's says are you Mr Simms I said yes
getting anxious - she said we found your bag...
my knees took a deep breath
my heart wiped it's forehead,

But the next words she would say
the next words that backflipoed of her tongue
would slice my heart into pieces like
sushi night at a yakuza birthday party


She said that they found you in Miami
I connected the dots like an ip address...
out of all the cities in the world you ended up in Miami?!?!?
Your favorite city?
Do I look stupid to you baggie,
here I am worried sick, and you got missing on purpose...
I imagine the baggage carts intersecting...
I imagine you James bonding yourself onto the cart with perfect timing,
the baggage handlers probably were never even on to you,
did you put on a reflective jacket
grab one of those light sticks, as a cover..

Did you look both ways
as you rolled across the street at Miami international,
I already know how you did it,
blended in with a group foreigners,
I bet you wore those ridiculous shades
I bought for you in Australia, to try to blend in...

Did you make it to south beach baggie,
sitting in a beach chair eating a Cuban sandwich and sipping a mohijto...

how dare you,
after all we been through...
I know you did not like going to Indy,
I did not either but I told you it was just a means to an end
but in the end you made your choice didn't you,
so now I will make mine...
I'm done with you cause you have treated this love so savage...
And at the end of the day this entire relationship
you have just been so much baggage

No comments:

Post a Comment